Last Updated: August 27, 2021
Types of Personal Information We Collect
We collect the following categories of personal information:
|Data you give||Data we collect|
When We Collect Personal Information
We collect personal information when:
|Data you give||Data we collect|
How We Use Collected Personal Information
We use the personal information that you give and we collect for the following purposes:
- Provide our products and services, notably
- Enabling search functionality to identify and direct you to charging stations.
- Processing payments for EV charging.
- Monitoring app use, including charging and other activities surrounding charging stations.
- Customer support
- Respond to your issue reports, questions or feedback.
- Improve Volta
- Improve our products and services.
- Troubleshoot any website, software or charging issues.
- Advertising and Marketing
- We use Personal information for advertising and marketing purposes. This helps keep our Services low cost or free of charge.
- We may send you email updates about new features, products, and services.
- We may use collected information for online or mobile display advertising.
- Location information
- We use precise geographic location information to facilitate our Services, including helping you navigate to charging stations.
- We may also use location information to measure the effectiveness of advertising, and to serve relevant ads by Volta or our advertising sponsors.
How We May Share Personal Information
- We may share collected personal information with vendors or service providers. Our contracted vendors or service providers are prohibited from using Volta-collected personal information for any other independent marketing purpose. Please see below how you can opt-out of our vendors’ cookie-specific data uses.
- To resolve customer disputes or inquiries.
- For internal business purposes, including to analyze how the Services and our charging stations are used; forecast network utilization; plan charging station networks; design advertising campaigns; measure the performance of advertising campaigns; analyze electric vehicle charging trends; design new services or products; conduct audits or testing; perform internal research; and maintain business records.
- To protect the legal rights of Volta or our website, platform or service users.
- the legal rights of our company, our employees, our agents, and our affiliates.
- to protect the safety and security of our website visitors.
- to detect and protect against fraud.
- to comply with law or legal process.
- Volta may also share your personal information as part of a business transition.
- Volta may share personal information with prospective purchasers to evaluate the proposed transaction.
- Volta may also share your personal information with another company that buys assets or stock of Volta. That company may use and disclose personal information for purposes similar to those described in this policy.
- With your consent.
Read more about the specific vendors or third parties who receive your personal information, including those using cookies>
|Online and Mobile Advertising||LinkedIn Advertising Preferences|
|Online and Mobile Advertising||Facebook Advertising Preferences|
Your Rights And How To Exercise Them
- Access the personal information we maintain about you.
- Delete the personal information we maintain about you, unless such information is necessary for compliance with our legal or regulatory obligations.
- Opt-Out of certain uses of your personal information. You can opt out of:
- Email marketing - unsubscribe to our commercial email list by following the instructions provided in the email.
- Tailored advertising using third party cookies on our website or through mobile software or services. Refer to our list of advertising services above for company-specific opt-out choices, or visit http://optout.aboutads.info to exercise an industry-wide opt-out. In addition, you may reject or delete cookies through your browser settings.
You can exercise these rights by contacting Volta at privacy@VoltaCharging.com
Read more if you are a resident of California >
The California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA” gives California residents certain rights with respect to their personal information.
If you are a California resident, you have the right to:
- Request a notice identifying the categories of your Personal Information which we share for business purposes and third parties marketing purposes. We’ve provided all this information above.
- Request to know more about the specific pieces and categories of personal information we collect, use, sell and disclose.
- Request we delete your personal information.
- Volta Charging does not ‘sell’ our customer or user personal information. However, as the CCPA may be defined broadly, you may choose to opt-out of the potential independent use of cookie-specific information used for online advertising by clicking through the links provided above.
You may exercise these rights by contacting Volta at privacy@VoltaCharging.com.
Volta currently does not enable website visitors to exercise a ‘Do Not Track’ signal.
We have implemented reasonable security measures designed to protect your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. It is important that you understand, however, that no website, Internet-connected device or online platform is completely secure. We cannot anticipate all potential misuse of your information, and as a result, cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us.
We do not intentionally collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. If you believe we have obtained personal information associated with children under the age of 13 (or 16 in California), please contact us at privacy@VoltaCharging.com and we will delete it.
Links On Our Website
This website may contain links to other websites or services. We do not control what information you provide, or is collected by these third-party websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
If you have any questions about our privacy or security practices, or if you would like to request access to or correction of your personal information, you can contact Volta by mail, telephone, or e-mail:
Changes To This policy
We may revise this policy from time to time. Review it occasionally so that you keep up-to-date on our most current practices. We will put the effective date of the latest version at the top of each policy.
About Our Charging Stations
We place cameras on our charging stations. These cameras do not collect personal information or identify individuals through facial recognition. These cameras are used to collect information about the vehicles being used with our stations, including their make, model, tires or other attributes. We may also collect anonymous demographics about visitors to, and around our stations, such as the number of nearby visitors, potential genders or ages, and the amount of time a charging station may have the attention of ad viewers.