Now, more than ever, we remain committed to keeping our communities charged up. Our goal is not just to continue to provide free electric miles, but to do our part in flattening the curve. We’d also like to recognize the efforts of the Volta community.
To the locations able to keep their Volta charging stations active. We thank you. 80% of our chargers are near essential services, including pharmacies, grocery stores and hospitals.
To the drivers who rely on Volta to get to and from essential duties, we truly appreciate your hard work and sacrifice.
Here’s a bit more on how we’re addressing COVID-19:
- We’re partnering with municipalities, health officials and first responders to broadcast Public Safety Alerts to ensure communities see critical news and updates.
- We launched messages from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) across our nationwide network.
- We’re increasing station monitoring and continue to quickly address any issues that might impede reliable charging.
- Where possible, we’re working with our partners to extend chargers’ hours of operation to help those who may have been cut off from their other typical charging locations.
- We’re actively updating our app as quickly as possible to reflect charger accessibility changes.
If you have questions, please reach out to email@example.com. Those of us who are not in the field actively maintaining our network are working remotely and available to help. So, if you hear a dog barking or kids laughing when we call, think of this as an opportunity for us all to get to know each other a little better and a reminder that we really are all in this together.