Volta is looking for a well-rounded, highly motivated Accountant (Staff or Senior?) to join our growing company. Reporting directly to the CFO, the Accountant (Staff or Senior) is responsible for processing the routine transactional activity for the entity including accounts payable, customer invoice, banking activity, payroll, fixed assets and manufacturing. Additionally, to provide necessary administrative support for these processes (e.g. customer contract management).
- Perform day-to-day accounting functions of the company, including, but not limited to: Billing, AR, AP, Expense Reports, Payroll/PEO, Benefits, Fixed Assets, and Revenue Recognition
- Process AP, fixed asset and inventory (construction in progress)
- Process expense reports and corporate credit cards
- Maintain vendor files
- Investigate vendor payments, expense report payments, credit card payments as necessary; contact vendors and resolve any billing issues
- Process invoices (AR) to customers under direction of General Accounting Manager or Controller
- Perform collection calls under direction of General Accounting Manager or Controller
- Perform basic reconciliations within monthly close calendar deadline ( all balance sheet accounts are reconciled; following are basic recons of those)
- Perform other ad-hoc analysis and transactional processing as required
- Perform necessary administrative support for these process (e.g. customer contract management)
- Prepare all reports needed for local, state, and federal or regulatory tax compliance
- Interface with internal organization to ensure accurate and timely recording of activity
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
- 5 plus years of progressively responsible experience in accounting functions
- Strong accounting knowledge
- Demonstrated success working collaboratively within a functional team, across departments, and with an executive management team
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage own priorities and workflow
- Demonstrated professionalism; ability to handle confidential information
- Excellent interpersonal and professional skills, including effective verbal and written communication
- Proficiency in QuickBooks Pro, Bill.com, Expensify, MS Office programs
- BS/BA degree, preferably in Business and Accounting
To apply to this role please email cover letter, resume & contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org.