Maintenance Manager - San Francisco
The Operations group is a key part of Volta and we are looking for a passionate, relentless and dedicated Maintenance Manager to help us grow. The Maintenance Manager will serve an essential role not only in Operations, but also to the overall organization. You will be responsible for managing and maintaining our network of electric vehicle charging stations, as well as the contractor network that services and installs them. You will report to the Senior Vice President, Operations and have an opportunity to make a major impact in a company that is shaping the future of transportations.
- Lead Volta’s overall maintenance efforts. This includes developing and refining our maintenance approach, establishing process and procedures for maintaining the installed network of stations, and identifying and tracking key metrics.
- In managing the overall health of our installed base of charging stations, you’ll be the primary contact for responding to initial field maintenance issues, architecting a plan for resolving the issue, and then working with Volta employees and external contractors to ensure successful resolution. This includes documenting the solution and all relevant information in our CRM system.
- You’ll need to become fully conversant and capable with our technology and charging stations. This includes having the skills to take apart and rebuild every inch of a station, as well as the capabilities and acumen to instruct others in how to do it.
- Take ownership of our growing contractor network. This includes sourcing, onboarding and training and evaluating contractors who will perform installations as well as maintenance. You’ll be managing those relationships and ensuring strong partnerships.
- As a member of growing company, you’ll be asked to perform other appropriate tasks as determined by the Senior Vice President, Operations.
- You have at least five years of experience in managing field installations and contractor relationships. Prior experience as an electrician or field contractor is a strong plus.
- You have an established track record of managing and delivering multiple simultaneous projects ahead of schedule and adhering to the highest quality and standards.
- You are mechanically inclined – you like working with your hands, are comfortable with a wrench, and enjoy rolling up your sleeves and getting dirty.
- You are cognizant of cost implications and actively seek out solutions which benefit the bottom line.
- Travel is something you enjoy, as you’ll be spending time in the field as part of the deployment and maintenance process.
- You thrive in fast-paced, informal, team-focused environments where constant change is the norm and the bar for quality is set high.
- You have strong computer skills, are meticulous in project details, and are diligent in finding solutions, all while being customer service minded.
- Your knowledge and experience of EV charging systems, electrical systems, and/or communications networking is a plus.
To apply please email cover letter, resume and contact info to email@example.com.